Okay, my little boy is still too young for jokes, but I thought I'd start collecting them for when he's older. Some are favorites from childhood, and some are from some great online resources I listed below. I plan to
1. Q: If April Showers bring May flowers, then what do May flowers bring?
2. Q: Why didn't the turkey eat any dessert?
A: Because he was stuffed.
3. Q: Why did the Turkey cross the road?
A: It was the chicken's day off.
4. Q: Why did the turkey decide to drum in a band?
A: Because he had the drumsticks.
5. Q: Why can't you take a turkey to church?
A: Because they use such FOWL language.
6. Q: What's the best dance to do on Thanksgiving?
A: The Turkey Trot.
7. Q: What kind of music did the Pilgrims like?
A: Plymouth Rock
8. Q: What did the turkey say before it was roasted?
A: Boy, I'm stuffed.
9. Q: Should you have your whole family for Thanksgiving dinner?
A: No, just the turkey.
10. Q: When did the Pilgrims first say, "God Bless America"?
A: When they first heard America sneeze.
Bonus: (I'm sure you may have heard this one before...)
The Turkey, the Parrot and the In-laws
Martha had a parrot called Brutus. The only problem was that Brutus cussed something awful. Now Martha was having her in-laws over for Thanksgiving, and so she needed to train Brutus quickly not to swear.
Just before her mother-in-law arrived, Brutus cussed terribly, so Martha put him in the freezer for 2 minutes to literally cool off. Then she opened the door and took out the parrot along with the turkey.
"And have you learned your lesson about cussing?" Martha asked the parrot.
Brutus the parrot took one look at the dead turkey and said: "I sure have. But pardon me, I just have one question, 'What did the turkey do?'"
Complements of Kaboose, The Holiday Spot, Activity Village, and Will and Guy's Humour.