Long Awaited Family Fun!

7.29.2012

This past weekend we spent a wonderful few days in Delaware visiting family and friends.  It was a long awaited trip because we haven't been able to visit in the past two years, partly because we were concerned about making a five to six hour drive with Little Lewie and partly because my husband's work schedule never seemed to jive with the rest of the family. 

This year we made no excuses; we went and had a great time!  On Saturday I had a chance to see my best friend from college and her three adorable children, and the rest of the weekend, we had a chance to visit with my aunts and cousins, who just adored and doted on Little Lewie.  The best part of the trip by far was seeing my little boy's smile from ear to ear.  He couldn't get enough of being the center of attention, and if he wasn't busy entertaining everyone, then he was busy splashing away in the pool.  I think it's only a matter of time before he officially learns how to swim.  He was definitely paddling and kicking like a little fish!

One of my favorite memories of the trip was Lewie's excitement of sleeping in my aunt and uncle's camper.  He was on a "Oh my God" kick, so the minute we entered the camper for the first time, he was constantly telling us about all the features:  "Oh my God, there's a bed in here.  Oh my God there's a stove in here.  Oh my God there's a toilet in here."  Oh, and then comes my favorite comment of them all:  "Mommy, there's a car in here."  He saw the steering wheel and couldn't believe that the camper was basically a house on wheels.  Yes, I tried correcting him on his use of God over and over again.  (My family did too for that matter.) Fortunately, it was just a little phase--he hasn't repeated these words since we've returned back to good ole' CT. 

Here are a few of my favorite pictures:


Mary Ann was my best friend from college that moved to New Jersey. 
She will always be the sister I never had!

Mary Ann and her three beautiful children (ages 4, 5, and 6).

Lewie pretending to drive my aunt and uncle's RV.

Chillin out in the RV!

Enjoying the pool for hours and hours on end.

Probably one of his favorite parts to the trip.

Getting cozy on my aunt's couch.

My aunt's little shadow.  (He loves her so much.  Good thing she's his Godmother too.)

Sleeping in the RV.  He just loved the experience!

4 comments:

  1. It is so awesome to watch your family love and dote on your baby - so glad Lewie got to spend time with your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG :-) looks like a super time fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to be able to visit your best friend! I am in NJ - I wonder if you were by me (Hopatcong - Its Northwest NJ) - And camping in the RV Looks like fun. We are thinking about going camping with my daughter next year when she will be 3 yrs old... I think she would enjoy it Like Lewie did! :) He looks all tuckered out in that last shot - so he did enjoy it no doubt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy you got to see your college best friend! I also have some friends that are like a sister to me. When we talk or meet up it is like no time has passed. That is wonderful that you spent time together. Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to share.