|My belated first day of school picture.|
|I can already see the "college boy" in him!|
Today I want to make a list of all the fun moments I've been having with him lately. Age four is just the best!
1) Hide-and-Go-Seek--My little boy loves playing hide-and-seek, especially right after his bath. Once I get him in his pj's, he tells me to close my eyes and count to ten while he hides under the covers. Then when it's my turn, I'm instructed to hide under the covers.
2. My Good Little Boy--I told Lewie he's a good boy. He thought about it for a minute, and then said, "Daddy's a good boy too. We're both good boys because we're both Lewies." I laughed, "Well, of course, if you're both named Lewie, then you must both be good boys."
3. Lewie's Office--Lewie insists that he goes to work and that he has an office too. When I bring him to my office, he likes to sit in my seat and pretend to answer important phone calls. I should just let him do the work, right?
4. Lewie's Keys--Whenever Lewie leaves to go to school, go on a play date, or accompany me on errands, he always brings his pretend keys and pretend cell phone. On other days, he also brings his pretend credit card, his camera, and even my purse. In his little world, he drives, he buys things, and he's got a very busy social life. Of course, since he's absentminded like me, he's always losing his keys too. I find that I'm now in charge of keeping track of his keys and cell phone in addition to mine.
5. I Make You a Big Deal--Lewie's always making deals with us. (Is this a good thing?) When I drop him off at school, he tells me if he wants Gramy, Daddy, or me to pick him up. The other day, Lewie made me a "big deal:" "Mommy, when you pick me up, you need to bring me a chocolate treat."
6. Lewie's Sister--Lewie insists he has a sister. He's always talking to her on the phone or texting her, which leads me to believe she's an "older sister." I suppose she's like an imaginary friend. Of course, in this case, she's an imaginary relative that he "loves very much."
7. Manners--Lewie is very polite. He remembers his please and thank you's. The other day as we were leaving preschool, he yelled out to his teacher, "Take care Miss Taylor."
8. Empathy--Last weekend Lewie's ear was hurting him, and I started to get emotional after seeing my little boy so sick. He looked at me and said, "Don't worry Mommy. I'll feel better tomorrow."
9. Favorites--Lewie's concerned about playing favorites, (I guess it's part of him having empathy) and so he never wants anyone to feel left out. When he tells us that he loves us, he always pipes in, "I love Mommy and Daddy and Gramy too."
I suppose I could spend the whole day writing about his cuteness. All I can say is that I love this age...he's quite the chatterbox, travel buddy, and comedian. Using his very own words, Lewie: "I love you. You're my best friend."