Christmas Morning!

12.30.2012

For me, Christmas morning is magic.  It's a time be thankful for all our blessings (both big and small), to cherish family, and to celebrate the joy, wonder, and innocence of children.  I had the good fortune of watching the magic unfold for my little boy, who at 6 a.m., woke Mommy and Daddy out of a sound sleep to  go downstairs and see if Santa came...


Reindeer cookies (we made) for Santa...

Santa left gifts and a fully assembled motorized train track. 

Between the new track (and the existing train table), there's not too much space to sit :)

Enjoying the new train!

The infamous cash register (to his left).

Could this be a Leap Pad?

This year Santa left stocking stuffers too!

A Hot Wheels Mystery Machine...just like the one in Scooby Doo.

A quick photo break...

Another small train called the Santa Express.

Checking out the wheels of his small train.

Some more Christmas magic...

Santa left a dusting of snow!
This year was all about trains.  In fact the cash register and the Leap Pad (among other toys) came in a distant third and forth place to the choo choo trains Lewie received.  He's been playing with both his new trains nonstop except for when we take a break to watch The Polar Express (which has now been seen six or seven times) since the first viewing before Thanksgiving.

In the spirit of Christmas and The Polar Express, I do believe in Christmas magic...the bell still rings in this house!

To those who are grieving this Christmas--especially our beloved neighbors in Newtown--my thoughts and prayers are with you now and will forever remain in my mind and in my heart. May God embrace you and your families and never let go...

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Annette! I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa is so cool! I love the cookies! Very cute! I hope you have a great New Year! Have fun in the snow! :)

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to share.