Hamilton!!

10.03.2017

Today I turn 42.  Not yet.  I still have four hours before I was born, so I'm relishing these last few minutes of 41.  I had an awesome year.  On any given day, I had special times with Little Lewie, date nights with my husband, and shopping dates with my mom.  In the midst of work, school, swim lessons, roller skating lessons, Cub Scouts, and plenty of pool parties, we still managed a few overnight trips, including our great escape to the Grand Canyon.

This weekend was yet another AMAZING experience.  My husband's good friend Michael  scored us tickets to see Hamilton on Broadway at the Richard Rodgers Theatre.  These were not just any tickets.  They were Row C (the third row away from the stage)!!  We saw the acting, the singing, the dancing, the costumes, the props--EVERYTHING--up close and personal.  We laughed, we cried, we applauded, and in the end, we gave the cast a standing ovation.  The actors, actresses, dancers, and musicians were beyond talented.  They kept us engaged for three hours, teaching us the good, the bad, and the ugly scandals of our founding fathers.  At the end, you came away recognizing that our founding fathers were brilliant, but, nonetheless, human.  They had human interest stories of their own.





At the end of the show, we had the pleasure of meeting up with Michael for dinner.  Our other good friend, Paul, the costume designer for Hamilton, couldn't join us (he's working on another production in London).  Still, seeing Hamilton made us have so much appreciation for his work.  We spent the evening talking about the experience and how much work goes into a great performance like that.






We took the 8:36 p.m. train from Grand Central back to Connecticut and arrived home around 10:30 p.m.  I always love visiting the city, but this time it was extra special...all thanks to our very good friend, Michael.

1 comment:

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to share.