First Hike of 2018

1.28.2018

It seems like every January, we wait for that break between snowstorms to get outside and enjoy some sunlight and fresh air.  Four years ago, our January hike looked something like this...







Today our January hike looks like this...




Besides Little Lewie growing taller and getting older, our hikes have changed in other ways, too.  Friends are often invited, and thus, there's a lot of silliness to be had...




I had friends, too--my hubby, of course, and my bestie, Sue.



Finally, there was the reason for the hike in the first place...





As much as I'm not a winter person, I LOVE the changes in season.  Even among the barren trees, there's still so much beauty to be found.  Yes, this winter hike was just what we needed; it also satisfies my New Year's resolution to add more outdoor time to our sometimes very hectic schedule.  We'll see what the next few weeks bring...more snow?

3 comments:

  1. I love hiking. I wish my kids enjoyed it like Lewie does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a January hike post coming up this week! Ironically, ours was a little snowier than yours. You got great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it crazy how much the weather can change in January? We actually went hiking through the woods behind our house yesterday. It was very snowy! Glad you had a good hike!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to share.