Valentine's Day Week

2.20.2018

Last week went by quickly, but it was full.  Somehow between our hectic work and school schedules our family managed to visit our beloved friends, make Valentines, sneak in a fun trip of snow tubing, and for hubby and me, go out on a classic date (after Valentine's Day, of course, so we didn't have to spend top dollar).

The week started out with visiting my closest friends--my college friend on Saturday and my oldest grammar school buddies on Sunday.  Little Lewie and I didn't have a chance to bake, so instead, I bought a few items to place into care packages for them.  My friends remembered the tradition right away: "Oh, you brought gifts for us for Random Acts of Kindness week!"  I enjoy celebrating my friends, and since we hardly ever get to celebrate each other's birthdays, R.A.K. week seems to be the best time for me to remind them how lucky I am to have them in my life.



Since I didn't have time to make my care packages all at once, I'm still delivering them to friends this week, too.

For V-Day at school, Little Lewie and I made quick, fun, heart Valentines using glow sticks.  I found a fun template at The Teacher Wife, The Blog, and the Valentines came out fantastic.  I am so grateful for all the creative moms out there that are willing to share their talents with us.  In this case, I am thankful to Lindsey, the artistic mastermind of this blog.  You can get her template here.


On the Friday after Valentine's Day, Lewie's February vacation began.  A snow storm swept through the area, and we decided it was the perfect time to go snow tubing at Ski Butternut in Massachusetts. 






After a day of snow tubing as a family, hubby and I planned an actual date for the very next day.  We found a movie theater still showing The Shape of Water and then went out to dinner at a quaint, rustic restaurant near us called the Milestone Inn.  Meanwhile, Lewie spent a day with Grammy and will be ending his short five-day weekend with a visit to a friend's house.

Yes, during this very busy Valentine's Day week, I am most grateful for both my friends and family.  Love and kindness were certainly all around us.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun week. I should totally take my kids tubing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a sweet friend! XOXO I bet snow tubing was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you guys be any cuter all bundled up?! Also, love the glow stick valentine's.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to share.