Summertime Fun in Delaware

8.06.2013

Last weekend, we went on our annual vacation to Delaware to visit Aunty Re-re (Irene) and Uncle Terry.  We learned that Langhorne, Pennsylvania (home of Sesame Place) is located right between their house and Connecticut, so this year we decided to make a stop over at Sesame for a day before completing our six hour journey.

Although short, our vacation was so much fun!  At Sesame, we had lunch with Elmo and went on almost every ride in the park (including their scary Vapor Trail rollercoaster).  Mommy is a chicken, so I happily let the two Lew's ride together while I took pictures from the comfort of land.  I couldn't believe how brave my soon-to-be five year-old was!  He wasn't scared in the slightest and even allowed Daddy to take him on twice in a row.

The Lazy River ride was more my speed.  We each sat in our own tube and paddled through the winding river (careful not to get drenched by different waterfalls and fountains that took us by surprise).  We liked the ride so much that we went three times in a row!  I could have honestly stayed on the ride the whole day.

In Delaware, we spent two days relaxing in Aunty Re-re and Uncle Terry's inground pool and one night going on rides at the Delaware State Fair. Again, my little guy showed no fear as he went on "big rides" like the Pirate Swing, the Swings, and the Ferris Wheel.  It's hard to imagine that only the year before, it was a big deal for him to go on rides like the little cars and the carousel.  What happened to my little boy? 

Finally, the highlight of the trip, at least for Little Lewie, was sleeping in Aunty Re-re and Uncle Terry's campervan.  They set it up for us in their driveway, so we could sleep there during our stay.  The first night, Lewie was a little nervous, so he slept in the big bed with me while Daddy slept out on the kitchen table bed.  However, the following nights, Lewie was so exhausted that he easily slept in the kitchen, while Daddy slept with me in the next room.  It was sort of like camping with the convenience of hot running showers and home cooked meals.

Here are a few pictures from our trip:

Going on the Vapor Trail a second time!


Enjoying our lunch with the Count and Abby Cadabby.

That's really cold Mommy!  Can I do it again?

My two boys. 

Scenic shot!

Bubble mania!

My family (minus my husband and Uncle Terry).
                                         
Lewie and his new friend Mason (a friend of the family) on the Ferris Wheel.
                                        
My mom and Lewie in the pool.
 
Driving the campervan.  (Notice how he's wearing his seatbelt.  Safety first!)


4 comments:

  1. Yall go on so many fun adventures, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! We have not been there yet, but I would love to go! It looks like you all had a blast! I hope you are well my friend and enjoying this beautiful summer weather! I hope we can meet at the zoo or Mystic before the summer is over. Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  3. By there I meant Sesame! :) It is something we have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea there was such a place! If we ever find ourselves on the east coast, I think a trip to Sesame Place might be in the works. :) Looks like a blast and that you're having a fantastic summer.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to share.