And the School Rush Begins...

9.19.2017

Okay, in all fairness, school started three weeks ago.  I guess I should have developed a routine by now, but instead, I feel like the rush is on--the rush to do homework, the rush to plan and drive to various activities (like swimming, Cub Scouts, and roller skating), and the rush to "schedule" family time in between it all.  (Did you notice that I didn't mention house work?  Who has time for that?)

I know what you're thinking..."but you only have One."  You're absolutely correct.  I honor, no revere, anyone that has more than one child.  I can't even imagine handling all of Lewie's activities times two (or three or four).  I even bow to those moms that have children involved in sports like football and baseball.  I would never be able to handle a vigorous schedule of practice and games--either my mom and husband would have to help cart Lewie everywhere (because I don't come home early on most nights), or I would need to quit my job.  Simply put, there is just not enough hours in the day for everything, and weekends seem to go by with the snap of a finger.  (Of course, it doesn't help when you're expected to work on one of those weekend days, which does happen from time to time.)

So in this three week blur, here are a few pictures to remind me what happened...

Big Lew and I went out for a seafood dinner at Guilford Mooring.  (This is when we learned that they
have a friendly skunk that likes to roam around the dock looking for food scraps.) 


We had a Pack 2010 Car Wash Fundraiser, made a "pizza garden," organized a carnival (Bear Requirement),
and volunteered to sell popcorn at our church fair.

We closed our pool, ending our second season with it.

We went for a hike at White Memorial Conservation Center.

We treated Big Lew to a birthday lunch.  (It ended abruptly after Little Lewie got sick
and threw up at the restaurant in front of all the patrons.)

Hubby got to make a birthday wish.

Lew welcomed his 47th year with a family party.
Now it's Tuesday (three weeks later), and we're back to our routine of school, swimming, and Cub Scouts.  This weekend, Lewie will get to "camp" overnight aboard the Intrepid (the sea, air, and space museum complex in New York City) with Daddy and the Cub Scouts while I enjoy some quality "shopping time" with my mom.  September is going by fast.  I'm so thankful for blogging, so I can capture the highlights before they all turn into one big blur.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, our routines are pretty busy here too. We're actually thinking of quitting Cub Scouts because it adds more stress to our lives! How cool that your overnight is at the Intrepid! We went to the Intrepid this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand the rush! I feel like I'm on the go from the moment I wake up until the moment I collapse in bed!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to share.