Fall Stuff...

11.11.2017

This fall we spent most of our weekends traveling instead of our typical hiking and farm trips.  Still, the weekend before Halloween, my mom, Little Lewie, and I did get a chance to go pumpkin picking.  Our first stop was to a farm I visited once when Lewie was four.  I remembered they had a great selection of pumpkins, but I forgot how popular they were.  There were hundreds of people taking pictures, waiting for hayrides, and buying fresh produce...  It was fun, but it felt a little too commercial.  I wish we had considered going on a weekday.

After visiting the more popular farm, we decided to check out a second one that we researched on the internet.  The second farm had no visitors.  As it turned out, this farm makes its profits at night with their "Legends of Fear" attraction.  They do both a haunted trail and a haunted hayride.  The farm owners kindly let us view their decorations during the day; their gift shop selling Legends of Fear T-shirts was open, too.  After taking a few pictures, however, we decided to head back home.  We weren't ready to purchase tickets, yet--maybe when Lewie turns eleven or twelve.


 












I'm glad we saw the "Legends of Fear" attraction during daytime hours.  I read some reviews, and it sounds scary.




6 comments:

  1. The fear attractions in the day time sounds like a good idea to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't made it to the pumpkin patch the past couple of years. It looks super fun though! You got great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet pictures! Crowds really get to me too! I love trying to find quieter times to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like such a fun place! That's awesome that your mom could join you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Legends of Fear trail looks like it would be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures Annette! Happy Autumn! I can't believe that this is the first year Little Chick and I just did not get to a farm for pumpkins. I still might head to one this weekend. How are you my friend?! I hope you are well. Little Chick has been asking when she can get together with Little Lewie. Let me know! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to share.