This Kid (Age 10)

12.11.2018

It's hard to believe, but Little Lewie turned 10 four months ago...  Thankfully, the pre-teen and teen years haven't hit.  Lewie is just as sweet as ever, and he still has a wild and crazy imagination...


This kid...

1) Loves superhero movies.  A few weeks ago, we had a discussion about super powers.  I told him if I had super powers, I would like to be able to fly and make myself invisible.  Lewie said he'd like to be able to "teleport."  When asked why a ten year old would want to teleport, he exclaimed, "So I can teleport into and out of my pajamas."  Evidently, this kid's not fond of the whole five minutes it takes him to put on his PJs every night.

2) Loves video games.  Fortnight, Roblox, Splatoon, and MineCraft are his recent favorites, but I will also catch him playing a random Mario and Lego game, too.  He enjoys creating his own characters the most.  For a while, his Fortnight character carried a birthday cake on his back.  Now he has a backpack with a dog.  His Roblox character sports headphones and antlers (with other interesting clothing combinations...)


3) Is doing well in forth grade.  His first report card came out with a glowing assessment of his progress this term.  Every week he brings home a 100% on his spelling quiz, which gets placed proudly on my fridge.  I had to stop keeping all of them on there at once as I ran out of magnet power to hold them.

4) Is a Webelo Cub Scout.  Camping, hiking, first aid, and learning what it takes to be a good citizen are all topics during our biweekly den meetings.  Just last week, Lewie received first aid training at our firehouse and then got to ride inside our town's fancy new firetruck.  I wanted to go, but there wasn't enough room for the leaders and parents.

5) Is a clown.  This boy tells more jokes than anyone I know.  For Halloween, he took it upon himself to learn a whole bunch of jokes about bones.  Here's just a few for your enjoyment (because I'm sure learning bone jokes is an item on your bucket list...)

What did the skeleton say before dinner?  BONE-appetit.
What, did you find that HUMERUS?  I bet that one tickled your funny BONE.
I have a lot of homework, a  SKELE-TON.
What is a skeleton's favorite instrument?  A trom-BONE.

6)  Is wise and can be a wise guy.  At swimming lessons, he called me out.  "Mommy, put away your cell phone and watch me swim.  You're supposed to be paying attention to your son."

7)  Is sentimental.  He sleeps with his stuffed tiger, Tigey, as well as his first baby blanket.  He's still not interested in changing the theme of his bedroom.  "But mom, the duck border is so cute!"

8)  Loves his family.  Big Lew and I had a chance to be in Little Lewie's classroom for Junior Achievement last month.  Even in front of all his classmates, he still wanted to give us a hug goodbye.  He's known for requesting "family movie nights" or wanting to spend time walking, reading, or playing outside games together.  Lately, he's been playing the drums/cow bell with Big Lew.   He very innocently proposed that the two of them should call themselves, "The Three Stick Band."

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I can imagine Simon saying something like Lewie did in number 6!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to share.