Happy Valentine's & Random Acts of Kindness Day!

2.15.2020

This year, both Valentine's Day and Random Acts of Kindness Day fall during Lewie's February vacation.  For school, Lewie made cute ruler Valentines and handed them out on the 13th (before his break).  On Valentine's Day, we drove to my mom's place of work and surprised her with a beautiful flower arrangement.  For Random Acts of Kindness Day (February 17th), I will be doing my usual and surprising friends with a few unexpected gifts.

Here is what we've been up to!









For Lewie's Valentines, I want to make sure to give credit where credit is due.  As you can see, we fell in love with two different designs (which are not my own).  The first design, by TidyLadyPrintables, can be bought on Etsy HERE.  The second design with the stars were absolutely free; they were created by an awesome blogger named Crystal from the blog Little Bit Funky.  The "You Rule Valentine" design with the stars can be found for free HERE.

The last pic are my "care packages" that will be hand delivered to friends this year for Random Acts of Kindness Day.  I'd also like to do something like treat a random person or family to dinner by paying for their meal.  A few short weeks ago, Little Lewie and I were recipients of the very same kind gesture.  On a random Sunday, Little Lewie and I ordered breakfast at Friendly's (his favorite restaurant in the whole world).  When it was time for us to pay, the waitress told us there was no charge because a gentleman already paid for our breakfast.  "What?" we asked, completely in shock!

The kind man had left the restaurant before we could ever thank him.  I quickly asked Lewie, "Would you like to pay it forward?"  There was a young man with two little girls eating breakfast next to us.  I  quietly gestured over to them.

Lewie smiled and replied enthusiastically, "Yes!"

"Can you pay for their meal?" I said to the waitress as I gave her my credit card.

She took my card and commented how much she loved it when an act of kindness starts a chain reaction.  Evidently, this mysterious gentleman has paid for other peoples' meals before.

We paid the bill and left with only a quick smile cast in the direction of the young man with his two girls.  He didn't know at that moment that we paid for their breakfast, and we wouldn't be around to be thanked.  We would be just as mysterious as the kind man before us.

As we got into our car to leave the parking lot and go home, I said to Lewie with tears in my eyes,  "Didn't that feel good?"  He was teary-eyed, too.  "See, there's a lot of good in this world, Lewie.  There's really a lot of good."

This February 17th, I want to share this type of joy again...  There's a lot to be said for being KIND.

2 comments:

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to share.