The day, as far as I know, seemed to go perfectly for her, but somewhere in the midst of downing Sake and watching this spectacular belly dance, I started to think about other weddings I attended (including my own) where things didn't always turn out as planned. In fact, now that I recall them, some of these weddings had some downright hilarious moments.
Here, in no particular order, are some of my favorite wedding bloopers of all times.
You know you're wedding is about to take an unexpected twist when...
10. DJ Sir Mix-O-Lot decides to hoard all the attention by scheduling his very own dance routine that he performs alone on the dance floor.
9. All the single ladies in the audience don't want to catch the bouquet, and in fact, they all run away from it when it comes hurling at them.
8. Your sleazy Uncle Ron catches the garter and decides he's going to put it on the poor, unsuspecting girl (who didn't want to catch the bouquet to begin with) by using his teeth.
7. Your wedding photographer turns into the Picture Nazi who's constantly yelling at the wedding party and the wedding guests to either "get in" or "out of” the picture NOW!
6. Your father-in-law is asked to do a toast, and he starts off by saying, "Well we never thought you'd amount to very much. In fact, we never thought you'd even make it through high school, and now look at you...you're getting married..."
5. The damn zipper clasp to your strapless wedding gown popped, and now you're holding up your wedding dress while desperately begging all your guests to look for a safety pin.
4. Your maid of honor, in her drunken state, decides to form a Conga Line with other drunken guests who are now swerving around tables, stepping on people's feet, and knocking off centerpieces.
3. Your Great Aunt Matilda forgets to take her high blood pressure medication and passes out on the dance floor, knocking down several of your guests in the process.
2. The chocolate fountain starts to burn and emits a foul odor, leading some of your guests to look around and wonder "who cut the cheese?"
1. The two groups of family members who don't get along have discovered each other's tables and are now mouthing full-blown insults to each other from across the room. You've got 911 on your speed dial if temperaments continue to flare.
And finally, I have one last bonus:
D.J. Sir Mix-O-Lot decides that performing his solo dance wasn't enough. He now breaks out the Karaoke Machine to sing a little number just for the special couple.
Do you have any wedding bloopers to add to the list? Oh, you have to share.