Dear Autumn, Please Stay a While Longer

11.11.2018

Today we went for a short November hike on the Little Pond Boardwalk Trail in Litchfield, CT.  The sun was low in the sky, and if we had waited just an hour later, we would have been walking back to the car in the dark at 4:30 p.m.!

This time of year makes me sad.  The hustle and bustle of October has ended; the air is harsher and colder, and our daylight is shorter.  Still, I'm looking forward to Christmas, New Year's Day, and our first snowfall.  There's lots of joy to be had!

As we walked on the trail, I was overtaken by the beauty.  Even on a cold, barren, November day, the sky, the water, the cattails, and the trees around us had this beautiful golden hue that made everything soft and cheerful.  It was just what I needed to recharge my battery.  (Oh, and the boys--my husband, Little Lewie, and his friend, Ryan--kept me laughing the whole time.  They are a fun and energetic bunch.)








After our walk, we headed to Litchfield's Bohemian Pizza Restaurant before it became dark.  There, the calories we gladly expended earlier, were consumed again...

As I write this post, I am still a bit amazed that we're in November with Thanksgiving right around the corner.  Here were my favorite October memories of 2018...

I have a new "favorite walk" I like to take, which is a few miles away from us; it passes Clover Nook Farm,
which has been in business since 1765!  I got my two boys to love this new walk, too.

Picking sugar pumpkins at Clover Nook Farm before our first frost.



Our annual Cub Scout hayride is always a blast.  This year Lewie is a Webelo I.

Gotta find some ghosts in October...

Lewie had a chance to paint a llama for a friend's birthday party.


After painting the llama, Lewie and I discovered a new favorite place to eat that serves crepes!
We'll be back for some more!
We celebrated Halloween as "Undertale" characters and visited my mom at work.  
My favorite fall picture of Lewie and me.  I love this kid!
Here's to some more tranquil fall days of hiking, farms, and maybe a few more hayrides.  Maybe?? I hope... Please??

1 comment:

  1. Looks so pretty! The fall weather is passing by, it's so cold out these days!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to share.