Easter Blessings

4.23.2019

There is something to be said for holiday traditions, and this year's Easter certainly did not disappoint.  Little Lewie started the day off at 6:40 a.m.; he crept in my bedroom to tell me he wasn't sure if the "bunny" came.  He didn't see an Easter Basket and was wondering if it might be hidden on my mom's side of our duplex house.  I reminded him that the bunny hides eggs, too, and if he found eggs on our side, then the Easter Basket would be on our side as well.

To that, he went back downstairs in search of eggs, and when he found his first one, he woke me again to tell me that there were eggs after all. 

I woke myself up, promising I would return to bed after the hunt, which, of course, never happened.  There was too much excitement between the eggs and the basket, and before I knew it, it was time for us to shower and get ready for church.

I'm still unsure whether Lewie believed in the Easter Bunny this year.  Does he believe in an actual bunny that can magically carry or drag baskets with its teeth (we know rabbits can't actually carry baskets with their paws), or does he believe in the concept of someone posing as a bunny in a rabbit costume?  As much as I wanted to know, I chose to ignore the discussion altogether, and Lewie did the same.  He seemed to expect some great loot (like gift cards) in his basket this year, and he was right.  In addition to his normal chocolate treats like nonpareils, chocolate bunnies, and chocolate covered Oreos, he found gift cards to Steam, Xbox, and Roblox.  He also discovered his favorite gift of all--an MP3 player, so he could listen to his favorite songs during running club.  (Some children his age actually have cell phones, but we're opting to hold out as long as we can...)

Friends from work helped me with decorating Lewie's basket this year.

Here's his MP3 Player.

The basket was hidden in the laundry basket this year with a blanket over it.

Treats!!


After church, we had dinner at our usual Easter restaurant, which offers a terrific brunch.  Whereas last year, it was just my mom, husband, Little Lewie, and me; this year, both of my mom's sisters were well enough to join us.  It was nice to have the family altogether again, especially after one of my aunts had spent most of 2018 battling Ovarian Cancer.  It was a blessing to have all of us at the table, looking well and HAPPY!

My mom with Little Lewie.


I love this picture.  It captures Little Lewie's joy and laughter with his dad.

Hubby with my Aunty Irene from Delaware


My Aunty Kiki who was sick most of last year with bestie, Karen.  They are both Cancer survivors.
Again, when looking back at our Easter Celebration this year, I am grateful.  There is nothing more wonderful than being able to spend cherished time with family. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like Lewie was really happy and that means it doesn't matter if he believes or not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Annette,
    I LOVE all the pictures and what a wonderful Easter it was! Yes to hanging on to traditions as long as possible. I'd rather have a terrific Easter bunny, the magic and a beautiful basket over a silly cell phone any day! Sorry that your aunt was so sick last year. I'm so happy she was able to join you in a beautiful Easter celebration. Your mom looks wonderful, as always. Big hug to you and lots of love my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to share.