Best Vacation Ever - Our Beautiful Excursion through Southern Utah

12.11.2022

In June of this year, our family had an AMAZING opportunity to visit Southern Utah! Prior to planning our trip, I visited websites like Trip Advisor and Viator and read family blogs, similar to this one, that posted information about Utah's Mighty Five.  Since we live more than 2,200 miles away in Connecticut, I knew this trip would be a "once in a lifetime" experience, so I wanted to make sure we made the most of it--and make the most of it, we did!


The first decision I made was to have us fly into the St. George Regional Airport, located in the southwest corner of Utah, and drive 5+ hours across the state to Moab.  If our goal was to see the Mighty Five in a week (we had exactly seven days), I wanted to start at the far left side of the state and work our way back to the airport for takeoff on the final day.  Thus, we stayed at four different resorts (Moab Springs Ranch, Capitol Reef Resort, Yonder Escalante, and Cable Mountain Lodge), as we inched our way back to St. George.
 

As one can imagine, going from one resort to the other for only a day or two at a time was a little exhausting.  For one, we never fully "unpacked" because we knew we'd be repacking the very next day.  Often, we lived out of the trunk of our rental car!  Still, I wouldn't have changed a thing.  Going to the four different resorts felt very much like four different trips--each with its own unique environment and traditions.  Hubby and Little Lewie very much balked at the idea of staying at four places in the beginning, but after the trip, they couldn't thank me enough for each of the experiences.  We loved them all!  

To avoid discussing too many details about our trip all at once, my plan is to write four posts for each of the places we stayed.  Hint--they include hiking and UTV adventures, teepee glamping, star gazing, canyoneering, a drive-in movie theater, and a few talks about geology.  Since Earth has been around for approximately 4.5 billion years, there is quite some history found in each of these National Parks.  Oh, if only the mountains could talk!

If you've ever been fascinated by rock layers, Outerspace, and the vast expanses of mountains and canyons--then the Mighty Five is definitely for you.  Out of all of my National Park trips so far, never did I feel so small and inconsequential while also feeling so spiritual and close to God.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I wish we could go back! My favorite park out of all of them was Zion, but I did love Bryce Canyon National Park, too!

      Delete

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to share.