First Day of School (Fourth Grade)

9.03.2018

Lewie started school last Monday.  He's now a fourth grader with privileges to sit at the back of the bus.  Thankfully, however, my sweet boy is not growing up too fast.  This year, I was still pleasantly surprised to learn that Lewie was not interested in buying certain clothes or sneakers. (I offered to take him shopping, and his response was, "Mommy, you know I'm not a fashion designer!")  So, he's still content to wear whatever I lay out on the bed.

When it came time to get on the bus, he let Grammy and me kiss him goodbye (without feeling embarrassed by us).  Then he proceeded to find his favorite seat, about the middle of the bus, six rows down.  He plopped down, took off his backpack, and waved goodbye with a big smile.  God, I LOVE this kid!




My mom had the opportunity to pose with Lewie this year for the back to school photo.  My husband was still inside catching up on sleep, and I had wet hair and no make-up.  (I managed to get Lewie dressed on time, but I was running late for work!)

When Lewie returned home, he said he LOVED his teacher and had a great day.  Even better was the extra bonus of being told that he wouldn't be given any homework during his first week back.  When I opened his backpack, I saw that he completed a worksheet in school called, "First-Day Feelings."  After reading the answers, I just had to share some of them in this post.

          My favorite place is home.

          After school, I like to play games.

          When I feel sad, it helps to think of happy things.

          If I could change my name, I'd call myself the name I already have.

          My favorite time of year is summer.

          If I could rule the world, I'd make everything free.

          If I had $100, I'd give it to the poor.

          The best thing that happened to me last year was when I got a homework pass.

          My favorite possession is Tiggey (his stuffed animal).

          If I lived in another country, I'd like it to be the U.K.  (That's where Dan TDM lives.)

          On my birthday, I'd like to learn how to make games. (He means "video" games, of course.)

All I can say, is here's to another awesome year of school and an awesome year of spending time with our big little kid.  This kid makes every day a joy.

2 comments:

I love to read your comments. Please feel free to share.